A new report from the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) highlights the top grocer for customer satisfaction.
Fueled by its top-notch payment speed and customer service strengths such as staff courtesy and helpfulness, Trader Joe’s comes in #1 among grocers with a score of 84 (out of 100).
Here are some other key findings from the report:
- Costco, H-E-B, Publix, and Wegmans all tie for second place in the rankings with a score of 82.
- Aldi, a favorite of money expert Clark Howard, falls 4% from its previous score to tie with Sam’s Club at 80.
- Kroger, ShopRite and Albertsons have all seen their scores decline since the previous report.
Let’s take a look at how customers rated the top supermarkets in the latest ACSI report.
Shoppers Are Less Happy With Grocers
If you’re not thrilled with your local grocery store, you’re not alone.
Research from ACSI shows that 17 of 20 major grocery stores received lower marks from shoppers when compared to the previous year.
The ACSI’s Retail & Consumer Shipping Report 2020-2021 scored grocers on a 100-point scale based on results from a survey conducted between January and December 2020 involving more than 70,000 customers.
How To Save Money at the Grocery Store
Here are three ways you can save money at the grocery store:
- Comparison Shop: Clark always wants you to compare prices between stores to find the best deal.
- Consider the Store Brand: While shopping, you may find that the store-brand may typically cost less than a name-brand item.
- Use Grocery Apps: Find bargains and coupons on grocery apps of your favorite stores.
Shopping for food soon? Here are more ways to save on groceries.